Monday, February 18, 2008

Fire Felton?



Dennis Felton, I really don't like you. I have yet to say whether I think Felton should stay or go at the end of the season. Well, before we go up to Kentucky tomorrow and beat them and I look like a jackass, I'll go ahead and say it: Fire Felton!

To start, he just comes off as an asshole. And he surrounds himself with a few assholes as well. Desmond Oliver and Mike Jones can kiss my ass. They might be good guys, great coaches, and overall nice guys. But I only have one situation to judge each of them by, and they both left great impressions. I played against one of them at Ramsey one time and he was one of those guys who called tons of bullshit and was always right when it came to determining the right call. One student did call him out when he said, " Coach, I respect you and all but you full of bullshit, and I am just trying to play. " That a boy, Coach. Then for the other of the two. Ten of us choose up teams on the second court and decided to start our full court game. Well the jackass was obviously rocking out too loud on his ipod to hear the ball coming on a fast break, and he caused a screw up in our game. But instead of apologizing, he decided to bitch at us for not noticing him and letting him know that the ten of us were starting a game. McAuley is a prick too. Playing with him is not real fun due to his constant bitching and moaning. I think Raven, Herrman, and Robinson are great. I wish they well. To Hell with Felton, Jones, and Oliver, though.

Consider the amount of players who left the team during Felton's tenure by some way other than graduation or using up their eligibility.
Buzz Wehunt, Joey Waldrop, Steve Wolek, Marcus Sikes,Younes Idrissi, Channing Toney, Alex Evans, Sam Greavu, Blake Davenport, Matt Womack, Ronald Aguilar,Brad Brizendine, PJ Bullock, Rashaad Singleton, Suleiman Ndiaye, Josh Stephens, Takais Brown, and Mike Mercer. I think that's 18. Obviously, there are a few studs that couldn't follow the rules. But hey, he recruited them. I am more concerned really about the walk-ons. Why don't we have any walk-ons on the end of our bench? (I know that Butler is a walk-on but he is the exception for many reasons.) It seems like every team I've seen this year has at least a few walk-ons that sit on the end of the bench. My hypotheses are that Felton is such a prick that he doesn't want to be bothered by having to deal with them in practice (although getting a 5 on 5 scrimmage now requires assistant coaches and trainers) or that he is such a prick that none of the walk-ons want to play again after putting up with his shit for a year. See Suleiman Ndiaye and Ronald Aguilar for their thoughts.

Lastly, I think Felton is a good recruiter. I just think we could get someone in here that could do more with the guys we already have here, and maybe the next guy will have more "luck" with recruiting more quality guys.

Love you got to go.

1 comment:

Slic Ric said...

Yeah, some people say players are quitting because Felton is running a tight ship and making his players do things the right way, "his way." Well obviously he's not running to tight of a ship. I agree that the other guys just got fed up with his bullshit and quit. Why would you want to waste your college years (the best years of your life) on that atheist, black magic performing asshole. I can understand him wanting to make the program respectable again but his track record with players quitting or being suspended is absolutely rediculous. He had good kids (Waldrop, Wehunt, Idrissi) and some good players (Toney, TK, Mercer)either quit or suspended. According to Cowherd, if I'm Felton I'm thinking this is a "me problem," not a "you problem." Bottom line, Evans needs to fire his ass or bring in Vinnie Mac to do the job.