Tuesday, November 27, 2007

By The Way...

As most of you know by now, the Dawghouse blog is no more. It was fun while it lasted but it is over... for now. I was sick as a dog (no pun intended) a couple of weeks ago when I initially stopped posting on my blog. Then with papers, looking for jobs, moving out of my apartment, Thanksgiving, etc. I just never really got back around to it. The next month or so looks to be just as busy so I decided to discontinue the blog. When things settle down a little, maybe in January, I'll probably start it back up. For now though, I'm going to get back to my roots...No, not those roots...

Only in America is where it all started for me so while the Dawghouse blog goes into temporary hibernation for the winter, I'll be posting any thoughts I feel like sharing on here. I can already see a rant coming Monday if Ohio St. backs their sorry ass into the National Championship game or the Rose Bowl snubs Georgia in favor of Illinois. Obviously Willie is off the hot seat for the moment, at least until after the bowl game. Muschamp is probably going to be a head coach come next season so we missed out on that opportunity. I'll probably do a lot of stuff if Georgia ends up in the Rose Bowl against USC and CPC. It's going to be an exciting weekend of college football because Georgia has a legitimate (albeit long) shot at a National Championship birth and they don't even have to play on Saturday. With the way this season has gone, anything and everything is possible. GO PITT and BOOMER SOONER JR, BOOMER SOONER!Better late than never- Artwork by GFS IV...

While it didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, I think it's still okay. On the plus side, I won't get banned from Blogger for this picture.

3 comments:

BCSAV said...

R.I.P. Dawghouse. It was crunk while it lasted.... I have seen published articles that say that though Georgia has a legitimate shot at playing for the title, it is still very possible that LSU could jump Georgia with a win in the SEC championship. No matter what bowl Georgia goes to, its a great oppotunity. The National Championship speaks for itself. The Rose Bowl provides a matchup with the premiere program in the country in the grandest bowl of them all. The Orange and Fiesta are played on a stage all to themselves and provides BCS exposure that Georgia has never been a part of. Ohio State should go to the Motor City Bowl.

Slic Ric said...

Yeah Georgia could very well get jumped by LSU or Oklahoma or hell even USC. I just really want to play USC in the Rose Bowl if we can't go to the BCS title game. If they can go out there to Pasadena and beat the Trojans it would certainly be one of the biggest victories in Georgia's history and a great springboard into the '08 season.

Ally said...

Rick, I hate to hear about the demise of the Dawghouse. I loved that blog & checked it daily. Hope you pick it up again next term.
I understand completely your situation. I've got end of term crap, exams in 2 weeks & moving back to Athens in 3 weeks. No real blogging for me either.
Anyways, good luck & I'll still read your stuff here as always.
Thanks!
Go Dawgs!