Saturday, March 31, 2007

Every Silver Lining...

Sorry about the Grateful Dead referance (I couldn't think of an applicable WSP quote) but it was neccesary in accurately portraiting my point. Although March is hands down the best month of the year this basketball season has shown me some disappointment. I would like to start of by saying that the reason sports are so great is the conversation that takes place as a result of incredible comebacks, jaw dropping dunks, and all around powerfull teams- UF may be the best alltime, Noah being the frontman. This basketball season, however, has been disappointing because I have spent most of my time watching the games with Leighton argueing that Notre Dame somehow got snubbed, with Brandon talking strategy about Duke, and with countless people mentioning that Greg Oden looks like wise Lebron (yeah we get it and it really wasnt funny the first time you brought it up).

Soooo lets keep this brief because I am lazy and don't want to write anymore but also because ya'll probably already stopped reading. I guess what I am trying to say is that I hate Brandon and the SEC is the best conference in basketball.

8 comments:

JJBA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lconneff said...

So what you're really saying here is that Statesboro ruins everything.

Slic Ric said...

Shane you hit the nail on the head. As much as I hate Florida and I hope Noah burns to death in a fiery car crash this just proves once again the dominance of the SEC in sports period. This makes Georgia probably the 6th best team in the country. Florida = best team all time = Gators 84 Buckeyes 71.

Shane said...

Larry you really couldn't been any less accurate with that interpretation. Statesboro doesn't ruin everything, just everything I like.

Charlie Dodson said...

What an enlightening post. I'll break it down. You hate Brandon, and he's annoying to watch basketball with? Get out! Leighton is a moron, and he continually attempts to prove that he is the biggest Irish idiot of them all. And wait, people who know little about basketball like to talk about Bron Bron? Surprise!! That'd be like us watching soccer and asking about Alexi Lalas or Beckham because that's the only people we know. And lastly, a shot at me?? Gosh, this shit is groundbreaking Murray. The brilliance of your piece comes in the fact that it causes Larry to show his true jealousy of Statesboro and the fact that he will never know as much as Brandon, and that he will never be as Irish as Leighton. And you even allowed Rickie to use the fiery car crash line and be Nostradamus with his predicting. It's too bad that many of the bloggers like Big 10 football more than SEC basketball and UGA basketball. LOL HEHE HAHA

Shane said...

dont get mad

Charlie Dodson said...

I'm not mad. Please don't change! Don't ever change who you are Shane. You are good.

Shane said...

at least the title was clever?