Monday, November 24, 2008

Rivalry Week

As some of you know, I have a hatred for Georgia Tech that exceeds that of any other school. Why you ask? I don't really know. It might be because I grew up that way, maybe because I swear by Jeff Dantzler, or maybe because I know more Tech people than any others. But to tell you the truth it has become rather dull of late with Georgia winning 7 in a row and Tech people conceding the game each year because Chan Gailey was their coach. Now the Tech nation has risen up behind CPJ and has not felt this good on Thanksgiving day since felon Joe Hamilton was pulling the trigger. And it could not have come at a better time.

Though I have always hated Tech, the game was really never more to me than "Clean old-fashioned hate." However, all of that changed on a beautiful night on Tybee Island this past Summer. M. Reardon is a great person, past BMBS Man of the Year, someone I like to call a friend, but is also a devout Georgia Tech Fan. So as I was enjoying Tybrisa with one M. Reardon, I was in the midst of making numerous, hilarious jokes about Reggie Ball. M. Reardon did not take kindly to these words and decided to poor an entire beer on my head. As mutual friends separated us I realized that "Clean old-fashioned hate" had now become personal.

I don't care what offense you run, or who your coach is. It will always be the GTU. Small time football in the big city. Old Gold. Not knowing what down it is. Gold Gold. Boise. Yellow Gold. 51-7. Mustard Gold. Vacant Upper Decks. And most of all a nerd bastion. And we must not forget...




No comments: