Sunday, November 02, 2008

Georgia- Florida Thoughts


1: Florida 49 Georgia 10. And that's how it will be for the next 360 days. There is nothing anyone can do to change it now or anytime soon.

2: Jacksonville was its usual self. Short drive/ cheap trip. I really enjoyed spending time with my friend, Shane Murray. We saw a lot of people (fans of both teams) who looked like they belonged at the circus. Lots of carnies. How the Coastal Empire Fair was open on Saturday I'll never know.

3: Ticket prices weren't outrageous. I saw a few tickets go for 100.00 If you were willing to pay 150.00- then you were in.

4: The game sucked. I did not see an empty seat, which was not the case in my two previous visits to Jacksonville.

5: My personal jean short tally ended at UF-17 UGA- 6.

6: There were a lot less Dogs for McKinney/ Gators for McCain stickers/buttons than I expected. I heard one of the best political discussions ever between Evans, Sass, and some liberal chick.

7: I am glad I left the game at the beginning of the fourth quarter. I might have lost it with the timeouts thing. And we beat the traffic. Am I a fair-weather fan? I guess.

8: All I'll say (for now) about the whole calling timeout thing is that it reflects poorly on Meyer and the University of Florida. And they didn't win because he is a dick. They won because they executed and got some breaks.

9: I think Durham played well. Curran is our best player.

10: Savannah State won its homecoming game. If they win their last four games, which are away from Tiger Stadium, then they'll have a winning season. They are the only team in orange that I like. Go Tigers!

11: Today at church I thanked God that Mark Richt was our coach and that Urban Meyer was not our coach.

12: I felt legitimately bad for Schiv this weekend. I guess the ladies can use a break every once in a while.

13: Dinner at Cancun was great Friday night.

14: I am not going to Auburn now.

15: I'll see you in hell, Timothy Tebow.

16: Let's beat Kentucky.

No comments: