Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fall 08'



It's football season, and it's an election year. And while I am one of the few people on facebook without a status expressing my excitement for Saturday, I am ready nonetheless. Last night I watched the Democratic National Convention, and I am also ready for November to hurry up and get here. I like football and politics. GA is my favorite team. I also like to root for ACC teams, and Texas Tech, Oregon, and Kent State (the last three are a result of NCAA 2004-2007). Different forms of government fascinate me. I am a Democrat. I am a strong supporter of labor unions. I love Bill Clinton. I like Obama.

So what's my point? When I go to the game Saturday, I am going to root on Durham and his boys. I will go as a bulldog fan. I will cheer for them and against Bean's Birds. I will not wear an Obama shirt. And I will have not have a "Bulldogs for Obama" sticker/button on my shirt (not that they exist). I remember back in 04' when the "Bulldogs for Bush" stickers/buttons were so popular. And I also remember during one of the games- the LSU one I think, two UGA fans in the UGA student section getting in an argument over politics. It really bothered me.

Don't call me a Nazi, Schwartz. Wear what you want; I know I will. I just think it's a good idea to stay away from things that divide a fanbase when we are all there supposedly united behind one cause or one team or whatever. And if you insist on wearing your Dogs for McCain thing to this game or any UGA game, then just yell and scream while the other team has the ball instead of yelling at the hippie next to you in the Obama shirt.

9 comments:

Barstool69 said...

Through an email forward,I heard Obama was a Muslim and that he plans to take over all the white people and enslave them when he gets elected. Donnie, can you shed any light on this?

Barstool69 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlie Dodson said...

I cannot confirm or deny this rumor. However, Austin was passing out "Bulldogs for McCain" buttons at Tate a minute ago.

Slic Ric said...

Nazi

Slic Ric said...

But I agree about not splitting the fanbase. I never understood Georgia fans fighting other Georgia fans in the stands at a Georgia game. Doesn't make sense to me. Downtown later that night, fine, but at the game, not good.

Barstool69 said...

Donnie, I highly doubt Austin was doing that. If anything, the buttons said, "Beta/Alabama for McCain".

anymouse said...

Is Austin a Double Dog like barstool, or a fifth-year brother like Donnie?

Charlie Dodson said...

Got em, anymouse. Well you know what- I hope Ohio State loses!

anymouse said...

That cuts me deep.